Evaluation and Treatment
During your appointment at the Pelvic Health and Rehabilitation Center, a physical therapist will take an extensive assessment of your medical history. This initial evaluation typically takes about one hour. Following the history evaluation, the physical therapist will perform a thorough internal and external musculoskeletal examination. This includes:
- Postural and structural assessment
- Evaluation of connective tissue
- Myofascial evaluation
- Examination to identify myofascial trigger points
- Pelvic floor examination: neural mobility and tenderness, muscle tone, connective tissue mobility, motor control
- Skin inspection
- Peripheral adverse neural tension testing
After the evaluation has been completed, the physical therapist will discuss with you the assessment and treatment plan. You are welcome to bring along another person to any and all physical therapy appointments.
Treatment sessions are at least one hour in length. Based upon the established treatment plan, most patients are seen 1-2 times per week. A treatment session may include some or all of the following:
- Connective tissue manipulation
- Neural mobilization
- Myofascial release
- Myofascial trigger point release
- Neuromuscular re-education
- Sacro-iliac joint/lumbar spine mobilization
- Home exercise program development
- Pelvic floor stretching, connective tissue manipulation, neural mobilization
- Family training
- Patient education
If you have a scheduled appointment, please print off the necessary intake forms and bring them with you to your evaluation.
Disclaimer: The Pelvic Health and Rehabilitation Center seeks to educate the community on musculoskeletal causes of pelvic pain. Specific medical advice and/or answers to your personal health questions will require a full examination by one of our physical therapists. This website is not intended to be a substitute for a medical evaluation, but rather as an educational resource.